I know that sounds cRaZy, but honestly it's true. Jesus is our example, our model, our goal. Before He was about to be killed and take the punishment of the sins of all mankind and have His Father turn His back on Him, He begged (to the point that His sweat became like drops of blood) and prayed, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will." INCREDIBLE!!!! We all know that God did not answer Jesus' prayer, but in fact, Jesus did suffer the death that he so desired to pass from Him.
Now, I'm not about to compare myself to Jesus, but I have thought something along those lines but in a much less selfless way. It went something more like this . . . "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You so why won't You help me get pregnant?!?! Don't You love me?!? Don't You care?!?" Yeah, like Jesus, I acknowledge that God is able, but criticize Him for not doing what I wanted Him to do.
Jesus is our example for submission and obedience to God. Jesus didn't want to suffer (He was human and we all know humans hate to suffer!) however, He submitted to His Father's Will and all of humanity benefits from His obedience and God's Plan that yes, involved suffering.
So, could God's plan involve suffering for me? Absolutely!
Will God answer my prayer for a baby? Possibly not.
Does God have a plan that will ultimately result in His Glory and the good of others as well as myself? You bet!
And what is my role and responsibility? To love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength and be obedient to His Will.
Yes, Sir! :) But only by with the help of Our Helper - The Holy Spirit! Thank you Lord!!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment